|Taking the summer SAT offers some students a head start on
their college applications or an additional chance to improve their scores
For the first time since the 1970’s, College Board will be offering a summer administration of the SAT. The inaugural summer exam is scheduled for August 26, 2017.
Who can benefit from a summer SAT exam?
- Rising Senior students who sit for the August exam will receive their test results far in advance of early application deadlines.
- Rising Juniors can take this extra time to prepare and understand their score baseline prior to the busy junior academic year – particularly important for those students potentially interested in playing D1 or D2 athletics as well as those students who achieved reasonably high scores (mid-1200s) on their 10th grade PSAT and are therefore National Merit Scholar candidates. Taking advantage of the summer downtime can help students avoid any summer slump in which scores might drop.
CPC’s Summer Test Prep recognizes the urgency of preparing this summer.
- ACT and SAT diagnostic test – including advice on best test type for student
- Online Test Prep – 120-day self-paced test prep package customized with instructional videos & access to CPC instructor content
- 4 Simulated Tests – the best way to improve SAT scores is to take tests
- Face to Face Instruction – Instructors offer summer office hours posted online for students to access. Each student receives up to 10 hours of instruction in small groups of no more than 4 students – have your child pick a study group of friends to motivate each other
- College Readiness Review – Current test scores reviewed and mapped to determine the probability of acceptance or merit aid on student’s college wish list.
- “My CPC” Account provides student one user/login experience for all college readiness, research, planning and application processes
We are standing by to support and please contact us should you have interest in CPC’s summer test prep program or you can Click Here to join the summer roster.